Best Drugstore Facial Cleanser for Oily Skin
Almost 75% of the people in the world suffer from skin issues, oily skin being a very common one. The reasons for oily skin are many. So are the problems you face because of oily skin. And we know very well that those are not fun! So, let’s try to understand what causes this bane to skin health. We will then follow it with a little guidance to restoring the skin’s health and introduction to the best drugstore facial cleansers for oily skin.
What Causes An Oily Skin Type?
There are a few different skin types that you should know about. These include normal, combination, oily, dry and sensitive are the five skin types. Normal skin has the right balance of oils and moisture and hence rarely suffers from skin problems. Dry skin is associated with flaky, sensitive and reddened skin.
Oily skin is associated with an overall unpleasant greasy texture that can be shiny, and worse, lead to acne and other breakouts. If you have an oily skin type, it is important to have a well-formulated cleanser. The benefit to using a cleanser designed for oily skin would be to remove excess oil without over-drying the skin. If you dry out your skin too much it can actually become more oily.
We specifically reviewed each of the following products and have found them to be the most affordable and reputable drugstore cleansers for oily skin.
What Are the Best Drugstore Facial Cleansers for Oily Skin Treatment?
#1: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
User reviews show that this facial cleanser has time and again given them positive results. Especially when dealing with oily skin. Hence, this cleanser is highly rated as one of the best drugstore facial cleansers for oily skin.
- The foaming nature of this cleanser refreshes greasy, stressed skin.
- Very gentle on skin.
- Good for all skin types.
- Contains essential ceramides that clarify skin and remove excess oil without drying.
- Fragrance free.
- Trusted by both men and women.
- Contains hyaluronic acid and niacinamide that maintain skin’s moisture and have a calming effect.
- Non-comedogenic, so does not clog pores.
#2: Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser
Next on our list of best drugstore facial cleansers for oily skin is the Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser. We are all familiar with the popularity and reliability of the Cetaphil brand in the skin care domain. Let’s look at some of the significant points that give this cleanser its popularity.
- It’s a light and gentle skin cleanser that is safe for everyday use.
- As it does not contain any harmful/harsh ingredients individuals of any age can use it.
- It is recommended by dermatologists.
- Refreshes the skin without drying or irritating.
- Clarifies skin by cleaning pores. Hence, prevents acne.
- Useful for all skin types including sensitive and oily skin.
- Beneficial for acne prone skin.
#3: Sebamed Clear Face Cleansing Foam
Our list of best drugstore facial cleansers for oily skin cannot be complete without the mention of the trusted brand Sebamed. The Sebamed Clear Face Cleansing Foam is liked by many customers suffering from issues related to oily skin.
- This cleanser gives your skin a matt finish by removing excess oils and preventing the greasy look.
- The active ingredient Panthenol soothes red and irritated skin usually inflamed due to acne breakouts.
- Helps to prevent acne breakouts.
- The unique foamy nature of the cleanser makes it easy to apply and wash off.
- Mild enough to use on sensitive skin.
- Does not dry out skin like some other facewashes for oily skin.
- Suitable for all skin types.
What Factors Lead to Oily Skin?
- Humid climate – humidity in the air causes more sweating and sends the oil glands on overdrive increasing the oiliness of skin.
- Hormones – hormonal changes and overactive hormones greatly affect the health and appearance of our skin. Generally, overactive hormones lead to oily skin.
- Improper diet – lack of fresh fruits and vegetables and excessive fried foods can increase the oil content of skin.
- Stress – stress and anxiety cause our oil glands to become more active.
- Lack of sleep – lack of sleep and over – exhaustion can lead to many skin problems including oily skin.
- Lack of proper skin hygiene – cleansing and exfoliation of skin is very important. If skin isn’t washed regularly it leads to excess oil and dirt buildup.
- Genetics – sometimes skin issues are hereditary. You can be predisposed to having oily skin if it runs in your family.
- Wrong cosmetics or makeup – the kind of cosmetics you use depend on your skin type. The wrong kind of cosmetics and makeup can clog pores and make skin very oily.
What Are the Problems Suffered by Individuals with Oily Skin?
The most common problem suffered by people with oily skin is acne. Acne is of varying severity including blackheads, pustules, nodules etc. Additionally, acne breakouts occur when the pores get clogged due to excess oil, dirt and dead skin cells.
These are some other problems caused by oily skin –
- Larger pores
- Greasy skin
- Depression and self-consciousness
- Makeup disappears from skin
What Is the Proper Skin Care Regimen for Individuals with Oily Skin?
Cleansing with a good facewash followed by a light moisturizer are the two main steps of a proper skin care regimen when dealing with oily skin. However, too much cleansing or washing will harm the skin. That will rid the skin of the essential oils and moisture, making it dry and sensitive. Cleansing twice a day is enough for maintaining good skin hygiene.
Using a fancy, expensive cleanser is not necessary. Your friends here at SKINFAQ have put together a concise list of best drugstore facial cleansers for oily skin. These are trusted and effective brands that will not burn a hole in your pocket.
We hope this post makes it easier for you to take good care of your skin. Even if oily skin seems like a huge problem, it can very well be treated. A good facial cleanser that is also cost effective is a win-win for both you and your skin.
For this our list of the best drugstore facial cleansers for oily skin will come handy. Regular use of the right facial cleanser along with a light moisturizer is necessary for reducing the oiliness of skin. And of course, a well-balanced diet, exercise and rest are also equally important in this quest for healthy skin.