Best Products to Use on Zits
Suffering from acne, pimples or zits is a big nightmare for any individual. Both teenagers and adults can be victims of acne. It can be highly frustrating and detrimental to the individual’s personal and social life. However, with the right care routine and products a person can easily get rid of acne and prevent further breakouts. Here we have put together some general information regarding zits along with some suggestions regarding the best products to use on zits.
What Are Zits?
The medical term for zits or pimples is Acne Vulgaris. A zit is formed when a hair follicle gets saturated with oil and dead skin cells. The condition varies in severity for each individual. Getting rid of mild to moderate zits is easy with over-the-counter skin products. However, severe acne requires prescription medication from a dermatologist.
Types of Zits
Blackheads, whiteheads, nodules etc. are all types of zits varying in severity. Acne most commonly affects the person’s face, back, chest and shoulders. This is due to the presence of a large number of oil glands in these areas of the body. Facial acne is considered the most stressful as it is easily visible and can greatly affect the individual’s personality and confidence levels.
Teenagers experience acne breakouts frequently at the start of puberty. Hormones are to be blamed for these breakouts. Teenage acne usually clears up in sometime with a good skincare routine, healthy diet and exercise.
Adult acne is a more complex condition. Stress, change in hormone levels, medications etc. can cause adult acne. Hence, using the best products to use on zits is an extremely important part of your skincare routine.
Scarring Caused by Frequent Acne Breakouts
Almost 95% of people that are affected by acne, suffer from scarring of the skin. Scars are more common with severe acne however; even mild acne can sometimes lead to scars. This happens due to the inflammation of the skin on the spot of the zit. Unless extremely dark and deep, most scars fade away and become less visible with time. A proper skincare routine with the right products to use on zits is highly effective in reducing permanent scarring.
Best Products to Use on Zits – Prevention and Treatment
Skinfaq has put together a concise list of helpful skin products to use on zits that can greatly assist you in getting rid of them and enjoying healthy flawless skin.
Most effective products to use on zits – prevention
Daily cleansing is the most important step in your skincare routine. Gentle cleansing with a good facial cleanser will rid your skin of excess oil, dirt and makeup. This prevents the pores from getting clogged and in turn reduces the chances of breakouts.
CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
- Gentle facial cleanser removes excess oils and maintains moisture
- Skin feels clean and refreshed after wash
- Fragrance free and does not irritate sensitive skin
- Contains niacinamide which has a calming effect on skin
- Suitable for all skin types
- Users suffering from adult acne have noticed a huge change in their skin after regular use.
Stridex Maximum Strength Pads
- Easy-to-use cleansing pads
- Ideal for travel and busy lifestyles
- Alcohol-free hence does not dry out skin
- Highly rated by users as a great product to use on zits to prevent further breakouts
Paula’s Choice CLEAR Extra Strength Daily Skin Clearing Treatment
- Users have found this to be one of the most effective products to use on zits, for teenage and adult acne.
- The benzoyl peroxide helps fight stubborn acne and back acne
- Does not dry or irritate skin
- Helps with blemishes and prevents permanent scarring
- Does not contain any harsh ingredients
- Light on skin
BESTOPE Blackhead Remover Pimple Comedone Extractor Tool
- A tool kit that helps you remove blackheads and pimples
- Easy-to-use ergonomic design of the tools
- Made of stainless steel with an antibacterial coating that prevents any possible skin infection
- Comes with a case that makes it easy to store the tools and carry around when on the go
- Each tool has a head of different shape and size, helping you tackle zits of varying severity
Paula’s Choice Resist BHA 9 Spot Treatment
- Considered a miracle product to use on zits and all other skin imperfections like acne scars, dry skin, patches etc.
- Uses a salicylic acid formula
- Suitable for all skin types
- Fragrance free and non-irritant
- Users have noticed positive results in a short time
- Contains plant extracts that restore the skin’s natural moisture balance
Conclusion – Best Products to Use on Zits
- Products for prevention of acne – these are mainly cleansers that help remove dirt, excess oil and makeup remnants from the skin. Choosing a non-irritating, moisture maintaining and calming cleanser is key.
- Products for treatment of acne – these are acne products that treat the current acne on skin and prevent further breakouts. The products containing benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid have found to be most effective. Extractor tools for removing blackheads and pimples are also quite effective.
Choosing the right skincare product based on the user’s skin type and severity of acne is very important. This along with a healthy diet, exercise and rest will definitely give you positive results.